Kerong Xie is a multidisciplinary designer from Shanghai. She completed her BFA at the Pratt Institute of Brooklyn, New York. Right now she is based in Savannah for her master study in game development at The Savannah College of Art and Design. At Children Story Time, she is an intern as an environment art designer, helping the team make some models and interchanging UV textures.
- Name: Kerong Xie
- Nickname: Shay
- Favorite Hobby: Drawing
- Favorite Foods: noodle soup, sushi, hot pot
- Favorite Game: Japanese mahjong
- Favorite Video Game: Omori, Final Fantasy, Pokémon
- Favorite Childhood Story: The Wonderful Adventures of Nils
- Favorite Candy or Dessert: Chocolate brownie
- Pet’s Name and what kind of pet: Arthur, an American Shorthair cat; Yumi, a Ragdoll.
- Favorite Characters in a game: G’raha Tia, from Final Fantasy XIV
- Biggest Pet Peeve: two-faced people
- Spirit/Totem Animal: Rabbit
- Favorite color(s): Orange, pink
- Favorite Food: Noodle
- Favorite Quote:“Design is art that people use” — Ellen Lupton
I love drawing in my spare time. I usually do some digital illustrations, and hand drawing with lines only.
I like reading detective novels very much, and my favorite author is Honobu Yonezawa.
I have been to many countries and places, I like to visit art museums in different countries.
Video games are one of my biggest hobbies. I really like some jrpg-style pixel games, and the one I’ve been playing recently is Octopath Traveler.
Ice skating is the only sport I like, because my hometown Shanghai is not a very cold city, so I’m really looking forward to some ice sports.