Ava DeShazer is one of the lead 2D illustrators and story borders for Children Story Time.
Ava graduated from the University of Northwestern St. Paul in May 2021, a first-generation college student.
Art, to her, is a way of expressing her active mind. She is interested in character development and how they, like us, develop over time.
Her goal as an artist is to story-tell with characters that touch people’s hearts and invite the audience to explore their journeys with them.
- Name: Ava DeShazer
- Nickname: None
- Favorite Hobby: Animating, drawing, running, playing the violin
- Favorite Foods: Pasta, Katsudon, Bibimbap
- Favorite Game: Role Playing Games
- Favorite Video Game: Undertale, Fire Emblem, Persona 5, Animal Crossing
- Favorite Childhood Story: Winnie the Pooh and Frog and Toad
- Favorite Candy or Dessert: Ice cream, brownies and mango sticky rice
- Pet’s Name and what kind of pet? Mamacita, she’s a ragdoll cat
- Favorite Characters in a game: I don’t have a favorite video game character but I tend to like the sidekicks, the best friends/comedic relief characters or the sweet characters that offer tips and advice.
- Biggest Pet Peeve: Prejudgment
- Spirit/Totem Animal: A fox or a bunny
- Favorite color(s): Blue & green
- Favorite Quote:“It isn’t where you came from; it’s where you’re going that counts.” -Ella Fitzgerald
I’ve been fascinated with animation ever since I was a young girl. I self taught myself how to 2D animate in middle school and later pursued a degree in animation & illustration. I’m always looking for ways to improve my animations!
I ran competitively starting from middle school all the way through college. My favorite races were the 5k and 10k. I still run when I have free time and continue to run in races!
My interest in voice acting started in high school. I would do fandubs or voice act characters from video games and tv shows I watched during that time as a fun project.
I like to play the violin and make simple music on GarageBand. I grew up in an artistic, musical family so music is something close to my heart.
PLAY VIDEO GAMES
I love playing video games! They help inspire me when it comes to making my own characters. It’s also just a fun way to take a break.