Joining Children Storytime as Chief People Officer in 2019, Monique Ortiz has spent over 12 years building and leading HR functions in various industries and sizes. Monique holds a Master’s degree in HR Management as well as an SHRM-SCP and SPHR, working as a strategic partner to create an overall employee experience for CST.
Monique also serves on the IL SHRM Board of Directors and works with smaller businesses on HR needs. Monique currently lives in the Chicago area with her spouse, 2 children, and their dog, Bogey.
- Name: Monique
- Nickname(s): Moe
- Favorite Hobby: Diamond Art
- Favorite Game (ie. board game, group games, etc?):
- Favorite Video Games: Currently Fallout New Vegas
- Favorite Childhood Story: Go Dog Go!
- Favorite Candy or Dessert: Stawberry Shortcake
- Pet’s Name: Bogey
- Favorite Characters in a game: Mario
- Biggest Pet Peeve: Smacking gum
- Spirit/Totem Animal: Ferret
- Favorite color(s): Black, purple
- Favorite Food: Pizza
- Favorite Quote:“If you want to love others, I think you should love yourself first.” Kim Namjoon